[PLUG] Compile from source to .deb or .rpm package?

Aaron Burt aaron at bavariati.org
Thu Jun 6 04:27:24 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jun 05, 2013 at 12:00:50PM -0700, John Jason Jordan wrote:
> That is interesting. I did not realize there were packages in the
> Fedora repos. However, those packages are 2 February 2013, which is
> newer than the one I currently have installed, but the latest release
> is 19 May 2013.

Again, the last change in the git repo was Jan 15 2013, so while the latest
Windows binary may have a newer date, the source code it was built from
likely is no newer than what built the good Mr. Togami's RPM.

> The main issue with the mouth devices is that you have no way to tell
> if the therapy is adequate without a sleep study.

Indeed.  A sleep study was done, marginal Apnea was diagnosed, CPAP was
prescribed as part of a medical study.  CPAP helped, but was cumbersome and
interfered(!) with sleep.  Tried a mouthpiece, it helped breathing at least
as well without interfering with sleep.

> Using a data capable blower with software like Sleepyhead almost makes
> the sleep doctor irrelevant, given a patient with sufficient knowledge
> to interpret the daily results and the motivation to do so.

Generally true for many, many things.

--
I have heard "You know most normal people call a plumber."  I usually reply
with "I am not normal, I am an engineer." -- Tim, Design News forums