[PLUG] Editing a video DVD

Keith Lofstrom keithl at gate.kl-ic.com
Mon Jun 10 20:57:40 UTC 2013

On Sun, Jun 09, 2013 at 08:23:35PM -0700, Patrick J. Timlick wrote:
> I THINK k9copy MIGHT work.
>
> I needed something to quickly copy a DVD to hard drive, k9copy did the job.
>  It has a wizard where you specify the parts you want to copy. I just
> copied everything, you might be able to just get by with that.  So, Are you
> feeling lucky Kieth?

Not very lucky.  I can do the same with K3B.  No, I want to chop off
the front of one of the video segments, start the modified DVD with
the rest of that same segment, keep the metadata,  and keep the
simple-but-better-than-I-can-design menu structure of the disk.
That sounds hard to do without a lot of knowledge of DVD structure
or some capable tools that will lead me through the process.

I downloaded the k9copy source, did not find any documentation, and
the author is no longer supports the tool.  I'll keep looking, thanks!

Keith

P.S. Indeed,  I may just pay the original author of the disk $$$ to
rebuild it for me.  The problem is he doesn't answer phone or email.