[PLUG] How many bad sectors is too many?

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Fri Jun 21 15:15:44 UTC 2013

On Thu, 20 Jun 2013 21:37:03 -0700
John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> dijo:

Thanks to all who responded. The question came up because my desktop
computer was running really slow and the disks were thrashing - disk
light constantly on or at least flickering. I used Palimpsest to check
the disks and that is when I noticed that there were 103 bad sectors on
the 1TB disk.

I later tracked the problem down to Banshee. I disabled almost all of
the extensions and now it behaves as it should. Apparently it was
constantly downloading music data from Amazon, emusic, and a dozen
other places. My world is back to normal.