[PLUG] question on creating new udev rules

website reader website.reader3 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 2 23:19:18 UTC 2013

Has anyone written udev rules for the USB removable media thumbdrives?
 Ubuntu 12.04 LTS is half-way mounting my SanDisk Cruzer USB stick,
but not actually mounting it as a partition on the filesystem (unless
the user clicks on the disk icon in the desktop panel)

I would like the device to be simply automounted with manual intervention.

I did find a promising tool, udev-discover, has anyone used it on Ubuntu 12.04 ?

I would like to know how big of a job this is going to entail, if I
have to add a rule into the /etc/udev/rules.d/ folder ??

Thanks for your input.

- Randall