[PLUG] gnome-terminal F11 full screen

Keith Lofstrom keithl at gate.kl-ic.com
Sun Mar 3 22:00:51 UTC 2013

Age causes fingers to go in unplanned directions while typing.

The F11 key on my keyboard is mere millimeters above right paren
")", so I am often going into full screen mode in gnome-terminal.
The only way I know to get out of full screen is exit and kill that
terminal, restarting and resizing after.  There is no "return to
previous size" short cut.  F11 in gnome-terminal sucks, and whoever
designed that functionality might benefit from gentle flogging.

BUT - you can turn off F11 (and also F1, which brings up help,
also annoying but reversable) by running Gnome Configuration Editor
( often in System Tools in the Gnome menu ), drilling down through
/apps/gnome-terminal/keybindings .  Then you change the full-screen
option from F11 to the string "disabled".  you can also change F1
to "disabled" as well.

Finally, relief from restless finger syndrome, and no need to
display your D or your K finger (or run 'cat --tail=9') when
you encounter the gnome-terminal maintainer.

Keith