[PLUG] How to undo an update?

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Fri Mar 15 01:52:54 UTC 2013

On Thu, 14 Mar 2013 14:26:08 -0700
"Richard C. Steffens" <rsteff at comcast.net> dijo:

>files crashed. LibreOffice is a Java program, and I have a crash
>report related to that crash.

LibreOffice was written in Java? I think a few of the functions require
Java, but I don't think the whole program was written in Java.

>Anyway, Does anyone have any ideas on how I could revert to an earlier
>version of LibreOffice in Ubuntu 10.04?

Uninstall the version you have on your Ubuntu, then go into Synaptic >
Settings (I think) > Repositories and disable the PPA repo. I am
guessing that the PPA repo is furnishing you with a beta or
non-Ubuntuized LibreOffice. Once you disable the PPA repo you should
find the Ubuntuized version available in Synaptic.

Or if that fails, uninstall the version you have and then go to the
home site and download the appropriate .deb file. Last time I did this
the download package contained a README explaining how to install it
using dpkg from the command line.

Or put up with it until Sunday and bring it to the Clinic. :)