[PLUG] How to undo an update?

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Fri Mar 15 14:50:26 UTC 2013

On 03/14/2013 06:52 PM, John Jason Jordan wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Mar 2013 14:26:08 -0700
> "Richard C. Steffens" <rsteff at comcast.net> dijo:
>
>> files crashed. LibreOffice is a Java program, and I have a crash
>> report related to that crash.
> LibreOffice was written in Java? I think a few of the functions require
> Java, but I don't think the whole program was written in Java.

That's what I used to think, but I see you are correct.
http://www.libreoffice.org/download/system-requirements/ says:

"For certain features of the software - but not most - Java is required.
Java is notably required for Base."

So, I must have something in there using Java since there is much
reference to it in the crash report.

>> Anyway, Does anyone have any ideas on how I could revert to an earlier
>> version of LibreOffice in Ubuntu 10.04?
> Uninstall the version you have on your Ubuntu, then go into Synaptic >
> Settings (I think) > Repositories and disable the PPA repo. I am
> guessing that the PPA repo is furnishing you with a beta or
> non-Ubuntuized LibreOffice. Once you disable the PPA repo you should
> find the Ubuntuized version available in Synaptic.

(See more in my next post replying to Mike C.)

> Or if that fails, uninstall the version you have and then go to the
> home site and download the appropriate .deb file. Last time I did this
> the download package contained a README explaining how to install it
> using dpkg from the command line.

Worth considering.

> Or put up with it until Sunday and bring it to the Clinic. :)

That is a thought. Thanks for the reminder about the Clinic.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens