[PLUG] How to undo an update?

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Fri Mar 15 15:01:47 UTC 2013

On 03/15/2013 02:48 AM, Mike C. wrote:
>>> Anyway, Does anyone have any ideas on how I could revert to an earlier
>>> version of LibreOffice in Ubuntu 10.04?
> -- In this case, you shouldn't have to disable the LibreOffice PPA
> repository, as LibreOffice 3.5.2, which ships with Precise has been been
> backported to Lucid and is available from the PPA repo.
>
> "Thanks to the great work of ricotz <https://launchpad.net/~ricotz>,
> LibreOffice 3.5.2 is also available for Ubuntu 11.10
> (Oneiric)<https://launchpad.net/~libreoffice/+archive/ppa/+sourcepub/2375289/+listing-archive-extra>
>   and Ubuntu 10.04 LTS
> (Lucid)<https://launchpad.net/~libreoffice/+archive/ppa/+sourcepub/2375288/+listing-archive-extra>
> from
> the LibreOffice PPA <https://launchpad.net/~libreoffice/+archive/ppa>."
>
> http://sweetshark.livejournal.com/10977.html
>
> So just uninstall 4.0.1.2 and install 3.5.2.

Okay. This sounds like what I need to do. However there are a couple of
things I need to keep. LibreOffice's spell check dictionaries a rather
thin. Since I've been using it I've probably added a hundred or more
word and also put in a couple of dictionaries of my own. I see that I
just need to save a copy of
/home/rsteff/.config/libreoffice/3/user/wordbook.

I also have a spreadsheet macro. It's not that complicated so I can
recreate it from scratch, but it would be nice to find out where those
are kept so I can make a copy of that, too. I'm sure I'll find it once I
do a little Internet searching.

Thanks for the info. I'll report on how things worked out later.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens