[PLUG] Samba access - different results from different machines

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Sun Mar 17 22:39:17 UTC 2013

On my network I have three Ubuntu machines -- two 10.04 and one 12.04,
and a Windows 7 machine. When I try to access the Win7 machine from one
of the 10.04 machines or from the 12.04 machine I'm asked for a
password. I'm not asked for a password when trying to access the Win7
machine from the other 10.04 machine. I'd like to set things up so that
all of the machines are able to access the shared directories of any of
the other machines. I don't know how to phrase the question for Mr.
Google. I get lots of instructions for installing Samba, but nothing
that covers my question.

Recommended reading?

Thanks.

--