[PLUG] Samba access - different results from different machines

Mike C. mconnors1 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 20:36:12 UTC 2013

  <snip>
   I'd like to set things up so that

> all of the machines are able to access the shared directories of any of
> the other machines. I don't know how to phrase the question for Mr.
> Google. I get lots of instructions for installing Samba, but nothing
> that covers my question.
>
> Recommended reading?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Dick Steffens

-- I typed "smb password windows 7 ubuntu 10.04" into the Google search
bar. This was the 2nd hit. After a cursory review of the article, it seems
very applicable and and also very well documented.

"Now I made complete tutorial on samba configuration to share you data from
Ubuntu to Windows and also Windows to Ubuntu. Share data from Linux Ubuntu
with/without permissions. Permission is up to you, if you want to set
permission or not."

http://www.noobslab.com/2012/03/configure-samba-sharing-between-ubuntu.html