[PLUG] Ubuntu suspend/wake issue

Rogan Creswick creswick at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 05:55:20 UTC 2013

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 2:16 PM, Daniel Hedlund <daniel at digitree.org> wrote:

> Is there a way in XFCE power manager to disable suspend on lid close?  If
> so, and you disable suspend, does closing the lid still trigger a suspend?

Great idea!

I was able to separately set the behavior for lid events when on power vs.
on battery (that distinction has not had any impact in the past -- plugged
in, not plugged in, it had the same problem).  Disabling the suspend on lid
close via the xfce widget on battery but not when plugged in made it easy
to compare.

Indeed, it made a difference, too.  The laptop still suspended when the lid
was closed, regardless.  However, when suspending while on battery, it woke
up correctly, and stayed that way. (while the same test with power plugged
in caused the issue I came here to resolve).

I've disabled suspend-on-lid close in both situations, and it looks like
it's working fine now.

I haven't gone through your other suggestions, because this week is hectic,
and, well, this is a suitable workaround for me.

Thanks for the help!
--Rogan