[PLUG] Mother board with 'lots of PCI'

Galen Seitz galens at seitzassoc.com
Sat Mar 23 17:08:50 UTC 2013

On 03/23/13 09:10, Pete Lancashire wrote:
> Any suggestions for a MB that (still) has more the 4 or 5 PCI connectors ?
>
> Has to be dual bootable, XPSP3+Linux
>
> SATA for at lest 2 disks
>
> Optionally a built in 1 Gbs NIC and Firewire
>
> And a preference for AMD
>
> Other then that does not have to be a screamer, 1 Ghz would be just fine
>
> Use is for one or two PC's for gathering data, NI GPIB, and up to 3 NI
> Data acquisition/output cards.

Perhaps you saw this already, but a Newegg search shows a single
motherboard with > 3 PCI slots.  It has 5 PCI slots.
ASUS P8B-C/4L

I doubt you'll find a motherboard with Firewire and many PCI slots.
Firewire is more common on consumer motherboards, while lots of PCI
slots is more of a server motherboard feature.

Tyan and Supermicro have products with many PCI slots, but they may be
unavailable at this point.
http://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/matrix/index.cfm
http://www.tyan.com/tech/product_matrix.aspx

galen