[PLUG] Sound card for Ubuntu

Brian Martin plugng3 at martinconsulting.com
Thu Mar 28 21:27:09 UTC 2013

Dear Pluggers,

I have a motherboard with dead on-board audio, so I'm looking for an
inexpensive PCI-e sound card.  I've found a surprising number that don't
work or don't work well with Ubuntu 12.04.  The HCLs and similar
documents are surprisingly sparse in their lists of known good brands
and models.  I just need jacks for stereo output and microphone input.
If any of you are running Ubuntu 12.04 or earlier and have a PCI-e sound
card that is working well, would you please let me know what you're using?

                                     -Brian

--
Brian P. Martin, Chief Consultant