[PLUG] Sound card for Ubuntu

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Thu Mar 28 23:31:34 UTC 2013

On Thu, 28 Mar 2013 15:11:35 -0700
King Beowulf <kingbeowulf at gmail.com> dijo:

>Free Geek has a whole collection of good Creative labs Sound Blaster
>live, audigy and audigy2. I haven't seen any pci-e just pci. If you
>have a free regular Pci slot, try one of them. Also support is very
>good. Just get rid of pulseaudio!

Really?

I'm no longer interested, but at one time I wanted a sound card. I went
to Free Geek Thrift Store about once a week for a couple months and
never found a single sound card. Thinking I might be looking in the
wrong place I asked several times at the counter, only to hear "we
don't get sound cards very often."

I suggest you call first. Or wait until you have another reason to go
to Free Geek so you won't waste a trip.