[PLUG] LibreOffice spreadsheet question...

Bill Thoen bthoen at gisnet.com
Sun May 12 17:48:44 UTC 2013

On 12-May-13 9:01 AM, Denis Heidtmann wrote:
> On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 3:54 PM, Bill Thoen<bthoen at gisnet.com>  wrote:

>> ... Anyway in Calc the parameter delimiter is a semi-colon,
>> but it's a comma in Excel.
>
>> *Bill Thoen*
>>
> I believe I used a comma in Calc and it worked.
>
> -Denis
I shouldn't make sweeping statement when I haven't double checked the
facts. I didn't have a copy of Calc to try things yesterday. My
reference was a memory like a sieve and software superstitions (y'know,
that 's the little irrational things you believe or do with software
you've used for a long time and still  have little habits that you
thought were necessary when first learning, but aren't?)  I think
you're right about the commas. Commas and semi-colons do appear to work
the same way in calc and excel. Commas delimit array elements,
semi-colons delimit ranges (i.e. the multi-range A1:B2;C1:C5 references
two separate areas but both are selected)