[PLUG] Gnome-terminal in Ubuntu 12.04

Bill Morita wamorita at gmail.com
Tue May 28 11:33:41 UTC 2013

Denis

You can get an ICON for terminal on you desktop using the following
technique.

   - Open a Nautilus window (that's your GUI file browser)
   - Maneuver to /usr/share/applications.
   - Find there Terminal icon
   - Right-click and select Copy To
   - Select Desktop

You should now have a terminal icon on you desktop that will start
Gnome-terminal.
This technique has worked for years even pre-dating Unity

-- Bill Morita
512-569-6387 (Cell)