[PLUG] Needs some speakers have some of my own topics

Michael Dexter dexter at ambidexter.com
Wed May 29 19:23:28 UTC 2013

Hello all,

I have various inquires out for June but no confirmations. I invite YOU
to give it a go, especially if you have never presented before. I also
have two topics of my own: The bhyve talk I gave in Tokyo and Ottawa
(now boots Linux guests but that isn't in the wild yet) and some ZFS
testing I have been doing in a controlled environment. In short, just
what impact is there to:

Adding a ZIL
Enabling and disabling various caching
Turning some knobs like prefetch
Comparing NFS to CIFS to AFP to iSCSI
Making dd output more useful
Making sense of iozone, fio, xdd and friends (at best seeing the tip of
the iceburg on these long, slippery slopes)

And the like.

Thoughts? Requests?

Michael Dexter
PLUG Volunteer