[PLUG] Mythtv questions

John Meissen john at meissen.org
Sun Nov 3 02:51:27 UTC 2013

johnxj at comcast.net said:
> 2) I found a place where the GUI front end found my HDHomeRun and set up its
> ID and IP address. But when I try to do anything I get an error message "could
> not connect to the master backend server." What is a master backend server? Is
> this needed for viewing S&M programs? 'Cause that's so not me and I can do
> without it. If I need it, where is it supposed to be? How do I create one and
> tell Mythtv where it is located?

Have you gone through the Myth config/setup? I believe if there's no tuner
configured the backend won't run.

Check the logs. They generally have useful information.

You'll need program guide data. If you haven't already go to
 http://www.schedulesdirect.org/
and sign up. It's $25 a year, but it's worth it.