[PLUG] Amazon has taken over my computer

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Nov 4 17:03:23 UTC 2013

On Mon, 4 Nov 2013, John Jason Jordan wrote:

> So I was shopping on Amazon and decided to see what Newegg offered. I
> opened a new tab and typed "newegg.com" in the URL bar. Up popped Amazon's
> front page. I tried it several times, then in Opera, where it always came
> up Amazon as well.

John,

   Does it do the same thing if you enter the entire URL in the address bar,
i.e., http://www.newegg.com/ ?

   I always enter the complete URL and have not suffered your experience.
However, I've landed on several web sites that would not let me return to
the calling link when I use the back button. Serious PITA that is.