[PLUG] Running MythTV Backend Setup on Mythbuntu

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Wed Nov 6 01:41:40 UTC 2013

On 11/05/2013 04:29 PM, John Meissen wrote:
> Good description, but some comments..
>
>> The next screen is Locale Settings. While we just finished (in another
>> post) talking about how we're now using ATSC instead of NTSC, NTSC is
>> the correct setting for TV Format.
> I'm not sure, but if you have a recent TV that supports HD I think you may
> want ATSC. I'd have to check my setup to be sure.

There is no ATSC option to select in the list. There's stuff like PAL
and SECAM and a few others, but no ATSC -- at least not on my Mythbuntu
installation. NTSC seems to work just fine, though.

<snip>

Thanks for the clarifications and additional info. I'm still relatively
new to this, and happy to learn more as I go.

--
Regards,

Richard C. Steffens