[PLUG] Myth trials

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Tue Nov 19 23:50:33 UTC 2013

I now have some music residing on my Myth box (running Mythbuntu
12.04.3), but Myth has yet to learn of it. Running the MythTV front end,
if I go to Media Library > Listen to Music I get an error message that
says I haven't selected any tracks to play. I assume that's because I
haven't done anything to tell Myth where to import that music from. (I
confirmed that my installation has the MythMusic plugin included.) To
learn how to do that I went to the MythMusic page of the mythtv.org wiki:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythMusic

Under Configuring MythMusic I find the instruction, "Go to the
Utilities/Setup->Setup->Media Settings->Music Settings->General
Settings. In particular you can set up which directory your music is
stored in here." There doesn't seem to be any Utilities/Setup section.
Googling for it gives me several hits that tell me to use it, but none
that tell me where it is.

A clue stick would be appreciated.

--
Regards,