[PLUG] Shutdown on boot

David dafr+plug at dafr.us
Sat Nov 23 04:45:44 UTC 2013

On 11/22/2013 08:20 PM, Denis Heidtmann wrote:
> I run a desktop which I regularly power off when not in use.  Yesterday
> when starting up I got the message (I believe very early in the boot)
> chassis intrusion--shutting down.  Powering on again the machine came up
> fine.  Later in the day the same thing happened again.  Several powering-on
> events since have not exhibited the problem.  The intrusion feature is not
> hooked up.
>
> What are some possible causes?  Bios battery low?  Noisy connector (sq. pin
> jumper)?

According to Tom's Hardware[1], this could be a situation where the case
could be ajar and the door switch could be open. The page referenced is
probably for a different model motherboard, but the concepts are the same.

If you can check the case access lid to make sure it's properly secured
you may resolve the situation, but you may also be able to disable the
feature in BIOS or by moving jumpers.

dafr

[1]
<http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/339700-31-chassis-intruded-fatal-error-system-halted>