[PLUG] Resolved - more or less: Myth trials

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Tue Nov 26 19:52:38 UTC 2013

On 11/19/2013 03:50 PM, Dick Steffens wrote:
> I now have some music residing on my Myth box (running Mythbuntu
> 12.04.3), but Myth has yet to learn of it. Running the MythTV front end,
> if I go to Media Library > Listen to Music I get an error message that
> says I haven't selected any tracks to play. I assume that's because I
> haven't done anything to tell Myth where to import that music from. (I
> confirmed that my installation has the MythMusic plugin included.) To
> learn how to do that I went to the MythMusic page of the mythtv.org wiki:
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythMusic
>
> Under Configuring MythMusic I find the instruction, "Go to the
> Utilities/Setup->Setup->Media Settings->Music Settings->General
> Settings. In particular you can set up which directory your music is
> stored in here." There doesn't seem to be any Utilities/Setup section.
> Googling for it gives me several hits that tell me to use it, but none
> that tell me where it is.
>
> A clue stick would be appreciated.

Turns out that, on my "theme" the place I needed to go in the front end
program is Setup > Media Settings > Music Tools > Import Files. The word
Utilities is not present. That may be related to the chosen theme, but I
haven't confirmed that by looking at other themes.  I found it by just
wandering around on all the buttons and seeing what they included.

Of course, now that I've found it more questions are raised. But I'll
put them in individual posts to keep things from getting confused.

--
Regards,

Richard C. Steffens