[PLUG] MythTV setup

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Sat Oct 5 20:28:02 UTC 2013

After a couple of weeks I now have some time to spend on my MythTV
setup. The box has been shut down for those two weeks. I now have made a
place for it where it can be left running.

For whatever reason when I powered up the box the schedule information
was missing. I also had an error message asking me if the back end was
running, and if the IP address was correct. After running mythtv-setup I
verified that the answer to both of those questions is yes. And, after
restarting mythbackend I'm no longer asked those questions.

However, I have no program data.

I went back to mythtv-setup and checked Video source setup. It shows
that for the video source named Antenna, the Grabber is North America
(Schedules Direct) (Internal). Using the arrow keys I cannot get to the
Retrieve Lineups button. Clicking on it with the mouse cursor I can see,
briefly, a progress bar that shows 50%, and has shown 50% for many minutes.

On the Connect source to input screen, I can reach the Fetch channels
from listing source button, as well as the Scan for channels button.
When I clicked on the Scan for channels button I watched it step through
all the channels (0? through 69) that are visible from my antenna. But
when I click on the Fetch channels from listings source button I don't
see anything happening.

Any idea what's messed up, and how to fix it?

Thanks.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens