[PLUG] Announcement: October PLUG Advanced Topics: Virtual Machine Fair

Michael Dexter dexter at ambidexter.com
Sun Oct 13 06:01:09 UTC 2013

Portland Linux/Unix Group Advanced Topics Meeting Announcement

Who: Daniel Hedlund, Michael Dexter and a few special guests
What: Virtual Machine Fair: Erlang/ocaml/Haskell VMs, bhyve, Xen & LXCs!
Where: Free Geek, 1731 SE 10th Avenue, Portland (Left Entrance)
When: Tuesday, October 15th, 2013 at 7pm
Why: The pursuit of technology freedom

Contain yourselves!

Daniel and I have been working with various virtual machines
technologies and would like to have a roundtable style talk with micro
presentations about each one, including:

Erlang VMs
bhyve BSD Hypervisor VMs
Xen VM's
Haskell VMs (hopefully) and
Linux Containers if we can rattle a familiar PLUG face's cage

We've invited a few guests and will give you a survey of some of the
great things going on with open source virtualization technology.

Links:
http://halvm.org/
http://www.openmirage.org/
https://github.com/GaloisInc/HaLVM
http://bhyve.org
http://www.citrix.com/products/xenserver/overview.html
http://www.netbsd.org/ports/xen/
http://lxc.sourceforge.net

Many will head to the Lucky Lab on Hawthorne after the meeting.

Calagator Page: http://calagator.org/events/1250464772

PLUG Page with information about all PLUG events: http://pdxlinux.org/
Follow PLUG on Twitter: http://twitter.com/pdxlinux

See you there!