[PLUG] T-bird won't retrieve messages for default account

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Thu Oct 17 20:27:24 UTC 2013

Yesterday I converted several IMAP accounts to POP accounts by copying
out messages I wanted to save, deleting the account from Thunderbird,
and then recreating the account, manually telling Thunderbird to use POP
instead of IMAP. Everything appeared to be working correctly.

Next I changed the default account and deleted the account that used to
be the default account. Again, everything appeared to be working correctly.

This morning I accidentally closed Thunderbird. When I reopened it I was
asked for a password for the four accounts that are not the default, but
I wasn't asked for a password for the default account. When I click on
Inbox in Local Folders and then click on Get Mail nothing appears to
happen. I can send mail from the default account, but can't retrieve
any. I know there is mail to retrieve because I can see it using the web
mail interface for the account.

I've posted this at the Thunderbird forum, but no one's looked at it, yet.

Any ideas as to what happened and how to fix it?

Thanks.

--
Regards,

Richard C. Steffens