[PLUG] Resolved: T-bird won't retrieve messages for default account

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Fri Oct 18 01:11:54 UTC 2013

On 10/17/2013 01:27 PM, Dick Steffens wrote:

> <...> When I click on
> Inbox in Local Folders and then click on Get Mail nothing appears to
> happen. I can send mail from the default account, but can't retrieve
> any. I know there is mail to retrieve because I can see it using the web
> mail interface for the account.

I dug deeper into the Account Settings. Hidden away under the Advanced
button on the Server Settings is a check box that says, "Include this
server when getting new mail." It was not checked. I checked it and the
problem went away. I have no idea how it got unchecked.

--
Regards,

Richard C. Steffens