[PLUG] Procmail Recipe Question

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Sep 8 10:05:02 PDT 2013

On Sun, 8 Sep 2013, Michael Rasmussen wrote:

> Is LOGFILE defined in your .procmailrc?

Michael,

   I turned on logging at the highest verbosity level. What I now see in the
log is:

procmail: Locking "PERSONAL.lock"
procmail: Assigning "LASTFOLDER=PERSONAL"
procmail: Opening "PERSONAL"
procmail: Acquiring kernel-lock
procmail: Error while writing to "PERSONAL"
procmail: Truncated file to former size
procmail: Unlocking "PERSONAL.lock"
procmail: Match on "(^((Original-)?(Resent-)?(To|Cc|Bcc)|(X-Envelope|Apparently(-Resent)?)-To):(.*[^-a-zA-Z0-9_.])?).*RSHEPARD at TWODOGS\.US"
procmail: Locking "PERSONAL.lock"
procmail: Assigning "LASTFOLDER=PERSONAL"
procmail: Opening "PERSONAL"
procmail: Acquiring kernel-lock
procmail: Error while writing to "PERSONAL"
procmail: Truncated file to former size
procmail: Unlocking "PERSONAL.lock"

   Permissions on ~/mail/PERSONAL are 644, the same as for other files that
have no errors. The procmail man page suggests that the disk might be full
(there's 117G available) or the pipe died. Why might the pipe die on only
that one file? Where else might I find the error?

Thanks,