[PLUG] sending data from single serial port to multiple readers

Galen Seitz galens at seitzassoc.com
Mon Sep 9 22:21:54 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have a need to allow multiple network connections to a single serial
port.  Data from the serial port needs to be sent to *all* network
clients, and each network client needs to write to the serial port.  Is
there a way to achieve this using command line tools, or do you think I
will end up having to write my own code?

Both conserver and gpsd have functionality similar to what I'm looking
for, but they are both overkill for my needs.  I'm hoping I can find
something that will require less hacking.

Ultimately this needs to run on an embedded system running OpenWrt, so
I'm uncertain as to whether a high level scripting(Perl/Python) solution
is viable.

Thanks for any suggestions you can provide.

galen
--
Galen Seitz
galens at seitzassoc.com