[PLUG] Trackball ball movement not smooth

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Fri Sep 20 10:45:48 PDT 2013

I decided to try out a trackball a friend gave me. It was pretty dirty,
so I cleaned the ball and the socket with isopropyl alcohol. Before
cleaning the cursor response to the movement of the ball was jerky. Now
the cursor response is smooth, but the ball movement in the socket is
sticky. It's like I had cleaned some kind of lubricant off of it -- I'm
guessing that the ball is not lubricated, since that would likely get on
one's fingers -- but that's what it feels like.

Any recommendations on how to get the ball to rotate smoothly in the socket?

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens