[PLUG] MythTV Testing - HDTV choppy

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Fri Sep 20 23:44:13 UTC 2013

I'm testing Mythbuntu on an Toshiba Satellite laptop. Everything
installs and runs. I have a simple dipole antenna connected to an
HDHomeRun box connected to my home network. I can see a number of local
channels. Those sending a non-HD signal are clear. Those sending an HD
signal are slightly choppy. I'm guessing this is related to system
memory, but wanted to get other opinions.

The Satellite is a model L45-S7423. It has I dual-core 1.46Ghz Pentium,
and 1GB RAM (two 512 modules). I can upgrade to 2GB of RAM for under
$25. But I wonder if RAM is the issue, or if processor speed is the
issue. In the long run, this won't be the box I'd run Myth on
eventually, so it may not be worth the expense -- especially since this
is the laptop I mentioned a couple of weeks ago with the damaged screen.
But it is working as a test bed for me to get to know Myth.

Opinions are welcome.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens