[PLUG] Printer

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Sep 24 12:42:16 UTC 2013

On Mon, 23 Sep 2013, Marvin Kosmal wrote:

> And next time I buy.  It will be lasar.

Marvin

   I don't know how much color printing you do, nor what type (plots and
diagrams vs. digital camera images) but these two factors should guide your
choice of printer. When you're ready to start looking try craigslist and go
visit The Printer Place on Powell Blvd. about SE 17th Ave.

   The latter have used printers and can advise you on brands and models.
Very good folks there. I bought my color HP LaserJet on craigslist for only
$50 (and a trip to Washougal and back). Turns out it needed a new drum which
The Printer Place diagnosed and fixed for $130 so I have the equivalent of a
like-new printer for a reasonable cost, and I'm still on the set of
cartridges that came with it. When I need new ones I'll go to Cartridge
World; I've been using their toner cartridges for my LJ 5 for years with no
problems at all.

Happy printing,

Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.          |      Have knowledge, will travel.
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.   |