[PLUG] Ubuntu upgrade help

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Fri Sep 27 18:38:40 UTC 2013

On 09/27/2013 11:27 AM, John Meissen wrote:
> dick at dicksteffens.com said:
>> Did you install GNOME session fallback? In the Ubuntu Software Center  it's
>> called:
>>       GNOME Session Manager - GNOME fallback session
>>       gnome-session-fallback
>
> Yes. That was implied when I said I got most of the gnome environment back, and
> that I wasn't using Unity. I suppose I could have done something else, though.
>
>> I use that, and with it <ctl><alt>T gives me a terminal window.
> That may be. But it's awkward, and I have a different, much more natural and
> comfortable combination that I've used for years. I don't want to retrain my
> fingers. In the old system it was a simple matter to redefine the keys.
>
> Now they're trying to make the settings interface look like a Mac, and IMHO
> have only screwed things up.

In Applications - System Tools - System Settings, in the Hardware group,
is a button for Keyboard. That has a tab for Shotcuts. One of those
shortcuts is Launch Terminal, with the default setting of Ctrl+Alt+T.
Down at the bottom it says, "To edit a shortcut, click the row and hold
down the new keys or press Backspace to clear."

I haven't tried changing anything in there, but that might be worth a
try for your key combination.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens