[PLUG] Alternatives to Firefox & Thunderbird

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Fri Apr 4 14:22:05 UTC 2014

On Fri, 4 Apr 2014 06:02:46 -0700 (PDT)
Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> dijo:

>   There's Opera, Google Chromium, and the text-based lynx and linx as
>browsers and Google Mail for ... well, mail. Unless you prefer alpine,
>mutt, or elm.

I started years ago with Sylpheed, and now use the Claws Mail fork.
It's rock solid, fairly simple, yet can even read html mail, if you're
foolish enough to want to.

For me its biggest selling point is that it allows me to check mail
accounts individually, or all at once. I use IMAP with my pdx.edu
account and pop for the others. The pdx.edu account can take a full
minute, so sometimes I want to skip it if I am just expecting a mail on
one of my other accounts.