[PLUG] Firefox phone

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Fri Apr 4 21:39:48 UTC 2014

>>>>> "Keith" == Keith Lofstrom <keithl at gate.kl-ic.com> writes:

Keith> The unlocked ZTE is $80 from newegg (no reviews yet) [...]

If you've ever had a smart phone before, you will find the ZTE a
little disappointingly under powered.  The FirefoxOS is a work in
progress, and does some things well and other things less well.  I
bought 4 of them to play with.  Two of my family members are using
them.

You can also run Ubuntu whatever its called on a modern phone.  I saw
Jono Bacon's at the 2013 OSCON party, and I finally saw a place where
Unity made sense.  It was running on this Galaxy Nexus (I think).  So,
that's an option.  In other words, buy an unlocked Nexus phone (after
checking that OS-of-choice is supported) and install OS-of-choice.

I think you can put FirefoxOS on Nexus phones as well, but that's all
just vaguely absorbed from the atmosphere and not thoroughly
researched and confirmed.

--
Russell Senior, President
russell at personaltelco.net