[PLUG] xmodmap Stopped Working

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Apr 7 15:35:57 UTC 2014

On Mon, 7 Apr 2014, Ken Stephens wrote:

> The obvious question unanswered here is what did you do last week?
> Anything like restore some file, install a new application, update an
> application?

Ken,

   Not that I can recall. Actually, the answer is almost certainly "no"
because I was focused on a document's writing and fixing access and
permission issues with the new accounting software (httpd, perl code,
postgres back end). All when running the X Window System.

   My Web searches, using multiple search terms, turned up one of my
linuxqustions.org posts from ~ 4 years ago on this topic that was never
answered (and I don't recall how I resolved it then), and multiple folks
with the same problem of xmodmap just stopping work on a range of
distribuitons (slackware, debian, arch). Apparently, it's not just me or
just now.

Thanks,