[PLUG] Clinic! (And new *buntus)

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Thu Apr 17 17:41:30 UTC 2014

Yes, the famous Linux Clinic will be this Sunday, April 20, at Free
Geek, 1731 SE 10th Avenue, 97214, from 1 to 5 pm.

Regular Ubuntu 14.04 (Trusty Tahr) Desktop and Server final ISOs for
both 32- and 64-bit were released today, April 17, and I have downloaded
them. Xubuntu, Kubuntu, Lubuntu, and the other variants are not
available yet. I will keep tabs on them all, and hopefully will be able
to download them before Sunday. I can burn a DVD or CD at the Clinic for
anyone who wants one.

You can do a dist-upgrade of your current *buntu via the live ISO
instead of the net. I have found this to be preferable, as it
eliminates potential connection issues during the upgrade.