[PLUG] Printer recommendation

Denis Heidtmann denis.heidtmann at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 17:49:10 UTC 2014

I am looking to replace my HP Deskjet 930C.  On this present machine
my useage rate indicates that cartridges last at least a year, and I
want the photo quality color.

Trying to compare the combination of listed linux-compatible printers
and what is available locally for sale has been frustrating.  Does
anybody here have recommendations?

An all-in-one printer would be nice if it can fit in my 17 x 19 x 11"
high printer-space, but a printer-only would be fine.   I would like
to move away from HP because of their aggressive policy of making
their cartridges un-refillable, but that goal may need to be given up
to get linux-compatibility.

-Thanks for any suggestions.

-Denis