[PLUG] Clinic! (And new *buntus)

jgw at sdf.org jgw at sdf.org
Sat Apr 19 19:30:03 UTC 2014

Thanks Rich & Galen.  Looks like both these examples rely on Postfix having
Cyrus SASL support compiled in.  I'm working on a NetBSD 6.x system and
it seems the native Postfix doesn't have the Cyrus SASL support.  I do
see a libsaslc though which may provide enough for a negotiated TLS session
with a relay host.

In the interim I may just go with msmtp which does TLS.  Would not be
sending many outgoing emails anyway; postfix is a bit of overkill.

As for finding a relay, it sounds like the big ISPs are no longer providing
basic for this.  I guess most people are using webmail these days.  Anyway,
I've a sdf.org account and can use their relay.

Jeff