[PLUG] Should I suggest Ubuntu (which flavor)?

Richard Owlett rowlett at cloud85.net
Sat Apr 19 20:13:01 UTC 2014

I've received an email from a E.E. classmate from late 60's.

It said in part "I haven't quite given up on XP yet but am trying
to go to 7.  The problem is that I hate 7 and hate Chrome & Gmail
even more - but I'm not going over to whatever you happen to use
- I'm not smart enough to learn something else - and then teach
Judy. "

I'm a Debian fan.  Judy, his wife, has a M.S. in Music Education
(major in piano, minor in organ). In my opinion they are both in
the audience targeted by Microsoft and Canonical. I suspect that
that anything looking like Gome3 would be a show stopper.

Suggestions?

TIA