[PLUG] XaraLX no longer runs

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Wed Apr 23 03:41:47 UTC 2014

On Tue, 22 Apr 2014 20:08:12 -0700
King Beowulf <kingbeowulf at gmail.com> dijo:

>On Tuesday, April 22, 2014, John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net>
>wrote:
>
>> Although I do not use it often, I have long had the free XraLX
>> graphics application installed, currently on Xubuntu 13.10, x86_64.
>> While trying to figure out if I could come up with a solution for
>> Chuck Hast's multipage tiff problem I tried to launch it, and got
>> nada. From the command line I get the following undecipherable error
>> message:
>>
>>         xaralx: relocation error: xaralx: symbol
>>         _ZTV19wxGnomePrintFactory, version WXU_2.8 not defined in
>> file libwx_gtk2u_core-2.8.so.0 with link time reference
>>

>Ah the memories - windows 2 and coreldraw!
>
> libwx_gtk2u_core is part of wxwidgets - you have either wxPython or
> wxGTK
>and there's a Debian bug report on this error:
>
>https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=729261
>
>Fixed in Debian back in November 2013, looks like Ubuntu is a bit slow!

Hmm. That bug report led me to believe that the latest fixed version in
Debian repos is 1785, which is what I have installed in my Xubuntu
13.10. But maybe I misunderstood the bug report. In any event, I don't
use it often, so perhaps I should just wait until someone fixes the
Xubuntu 14.04 live DVD so that I can upgrade from it (I don't like
dist-upgrades over the net). Maybe the Ubuntu 14.04 repos will have a
new version that works.

Thanks for finding that bug report for me!