[PLUG] Just a question about defragmenting a windows NT SSD

Mike Cherba mcherba at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 16:12:31 UTC 2014

Shudder!  The idea of defragging an SSD is just painful.  It would just
disregard all that work that went into handling wear levelling and such.
Plus, WHY?  We defrag hard drives to make them more efficient.  Properly
aligned data requires less head movement to read a file.  In a Solid state
Drive, the response time is the same no matter which cells the data is
physically stored in.  There is no actual benefit to defragging.

         -Mike