[PLUG] OT old linksys may be dead

Larry Brigman larry.brigman at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 03:52:56 UTC 2014

Switch router troubleshooting:
Were you using the default addressing from the linksys with static
addressing?
Do you get link?  Does it give out dhcp addresses?

I personally don't want to allow people access to my printers without my
permission.
Without a router/firewall then you have just given permission. Plus allowed
additional snooping
of your network.

A flow of packets from the internet to your computer would give a better
picture to allow a recommendation.
Like mine:
Frontier FIOS -> netgear WGT624->10/100 switch -> Computer.