[PLUG] Slackware on Virtual Box

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Sun Aug 3 00:45:07 UTC 2014

I've downloaded slackware64-14.1-install-dvd.iso, and the md5sum matches
slackware64-14.1-install-dvd.md5.

I've created an empty virtual box virtual machine with 1024 MB memory
and 8 GB virtual drive.

I've pointed the virtual DVD drive to the above mentioned .iso and
started the virtual machine.

Where can I find instructions on partitioning that virtual 8 GB? The
tutorials that I've found all tell me to partition the space for a
primary partition and a swap partition, and assume that I know how to do
that. Does anyone know where to find something that spells out what to
call that virtual drive for fdisk? Also, since the purpose of the
installation is just to get to know Slackware, what is the recommended
swap partition size? I recall something about making it some multiple of
the memory, but don't recall if that was 1:1 or something else.

Thanks for the advice.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens