[PLUG] Sendmail Severe Errors

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Aug 3 15:16:19 UTC 2014

On Sun, 3 Aug 2014, Rich Shepard wrote:

>   Editing /usr/share/logwatch/default.conf/logwatch.conf to change 'MailTo
> = root' to 'MailTo = rshepard at appl-ecosys.com' sends the report to the
> virtual terminal, not my mailbox.

   I may have fixed this. In logwatch.conf the default Output was set to
stdout. I changed that to mail and, sure enough, running
/etc/cron.daily/0logwatch sent the results as mail to me.

   Perhaps the version update changed the default output, but I suspect
that's not the case since the timestamp on all other files in default.conf/
date from last October 13th, when I upgraded to Slackware-14.1.

   Tomorrow will reveal if this change permanently fixed the problem. If so
then the reason why the output change was needed when the default worked for
years does not need to be found.