[PLUG] TONIGHT: August PLUG Meeting: An Open Hardware Case Study: The AK-47

Michael Dexter dexter at ambidexter.com
Fri Aug 8 19:31:38 UTC 2014

On 8/8/14 12:05 PM, Maher, Jeff wrote:
> The audio of the original presentation is available here:
>       http://opensourcebridge.org/sessions/747
> The slides are available here:
>        http://bit.ly/OnUKTR

On this note, I heard a few camera clicks during the presentation.
Please be respectful with these and get permission from the speaker if
you wish to post them etc.

Regarding the controversial nature of the talk, it remains the best open
hardware and open source/public domain licensing talks I have ever
heard. The speaker explicitly said that she will not discuss politics
and I will not address the other possible topics emotionally projected
upon this one.

When Jeri Ellsworth spoke, her talk was not about open source but
happened to be one of the best, most-attended PLUG talks in PLUG's
history though it did address reverse engineering, hardware hacking and
singed eyebrows.

Given that the subject was clear in the announcement, one should avoid
any and all talks that one might not enjoy and must step up and deliver
talks that do a significantly better job of addressing the subjects.

Either way, a full refund of all membership dues paid from the original
date of membership is always available to dissatisfied PLUG members.

Michael Dexter
PLUG Volunteer