[PLUG] Ham radio was AK**

Keith Lofstrom keithl at gate.kl-ic.com
Fri Aug 8 22:31:41 UTC 2014

On Fri, Aug 08, 2014 at 01:42:05PM -0700, Tyrell Jentink wrote:
> While looking at topics that are a fusion between Linux and other
> hobbies... I'm a pretty big fan of ham radio, and there are plenty of
> projects in ham radio that use Linux; AX.25 Soundmodem Drivers for both
> packet and APRS, Broadband-Hamnet (Formerly HSMM-MESH), and
> telemetry/telecommand all come to mind as interesting topics that actually
> DO relate to Linux, Unix, and Computers in general.

Tyrell for next speaker!  I would love to learn about this!

Given that the firefox phone project is in Portland, that
PersonalTelco makes free wifi goodness for the city, and my
own satellite computation delivered by microwaves project(*)
the sooner we all get savvy about radio and open source, the
sooner we free the pipes that connect our free software.

Keith

(*) http://server-sky.com
Keith Lofstrom          keithl at keithl.com