[PLUG] Sound quality driving me to the dark side

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Sat Aug 9 14:40:25 UTC 2014

On 08/09/2014 03:45 AM, Nat Taylor wrote:
> Dunno, !maybe qt/KDE does it better or maybe ardour?

Could be, but do they have software that will play an audio file under
the control of a foot pedal? Will that software automatically backup a
second (plus or minus -- adjustable) so that when I stop to type a bit
and start again it will back up a word or two? That's what the
combination of Transcribe and Footpedal do.

Modifying Totem was going to be a good choice since it does video as
well as audio. But since it seems to use the same sound libraries as
Transcribe I'd still have the same distortion.

By contract I can't play any of the audio recordings while others can
listen. But maybe I can strip out some of the distortion when no one is
speaking and bring it with me to the clinic next week. I'm hoping to
clear my Sunday afternoon schedule so I can attend, since I have another
issue with the box I need assistance with.

Thanks for the idea, though.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens