[PLUG] Ham radio was AK**

elcaseti . elcaseti at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 01:56:45 UTC 2014

I know enough to give a not-so-formal talk that would probably be an intro
to Amateur radio.  I have very little experience using GNU/Linux, & Android
Linux with Amateur radio.   So, my talk would have to focus on Amateur
radio in general, but could include a brief portion related to GNU/Linux.
The more I think about it, I'd rather give a short talk, & then have the
majority of the time be a question & answer session.

The biggest problem being that I live near Seattle, & am only in PDX once
or twice a year, on average.  I will be in PDX soon to attend Debconf
(Debian conference) at PSU  the last week of August.   I don't know if that
might provide an opportunity for this to occur.

On Sun, Aug 10, 2014 at 10:21 PM, Michael Dexter <dexter at ambidexter.com>
wrote:

> On 8/10/14 2:42 PM, elcaseti . wrote:
> > OK, I did find this one.  "
> > https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ro.yo3ggx.rxtx"  "Pocket
> HAM
> > bands Transceiver"  It looks limited, but hopefully, other folks will
> make
> > similar apps that control more rigs, or work with fldigi.
>
> I found "SDR Touch" and installed it but I understand a special cable is
> needed for such use. Still waiting on my hardware but lean of DorkBot
> posted just yesterday that he has a new kickstarter-originated SRD.
> elcaseti, would you like to enlighten the group with a talk?
>
> Michael Dexter
> PLUG Volunteer

Free Geek Seattle- Helping The Needy Get Nerdy
http://www.freegeekseattle.org/
https://groups.google.com/group/freegeek-seattle/topics?hl=en