[PLUG] Ham radio was AK**

Chuck Hast wchast at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 03:16:15 UTC 2014

That app appears to be one of that group that works through a
remotely located server which in turn talks to radios that are
located at other amateur radio ops shacks.

I am looking for something that can talk do my hand held and
allow me to program it either frequency by frequency or a whole
block of them.

There is a OSS solution, but it is Linux/Mac/Windows, Android
has come up but sounds like there is some major coding in order
to get it to do Android. BUT it is OSS so someone who has the
time could take a whack at it.

Then there is the ever present Windows solutions (yawn) I no
longer carry a laptop with me, and when i did it was NOT windows,
I do run a VM for windows on my laptop, so I do have that work
around if I carry it, but I try not to. Tablet and phone do everything
I need to do except program/control the radio, without the added
weight of the laptop.

On Sun, Aug 10, 2014 at 3:21 PM, Michael Dexter <dexter at ambidexter.com>
wrote:

> On 8/10/14 2:42 PM, elcaseti . wrote:
> > OK, I did find this one.  "
> > https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ro.yo3ggx.rxtx"  "Pocket
> HAM
> > bands Transceiver"  It looks limited, but hopefully, other folks will
> make
> > similar apps that control more rigs, or work with fldigi.
>
> I found "SDR Touch" and installed it but I understand a special cable is
> needed for such use. Still waiting on my hardware but lean of DorkBot
> posted just yesterday that he has a new kickstarter-originated SRD.
> elcaseti, would you like to enlighten the group with a talk?
>
> Michael Dexter
> PLUG Volunteer

Chuck Hast  -- KP4DJT --
Glass, five thousand years of history and getting better.
The only container material that the USDA gives blanket approval on.